Why reserve through Cabo La Estancia?
When you reserve through the resort directly or another website such as Expedia or Hotel.com, one of the most common misconceptions is with regard to the one-bedroom unit. It is rented as a ‘hotel room’ when, in fact, there are no hotel rooms in the resort. This ‘hotel room’ is comprised of a 2-bedroom, 3 bath condo, divided into two parts, Side ‘A’ (1 bedroom, 2 bath, kitchen, living and dining areas) and side ‘B’, known as a ‘lock-off’ (1 bedroom, 1 bath, with a separate entrance, 2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed, depending on the unit).
This is often referred to as ‘The European Plan’ and the problem is both side ‘A’ and side ‘B’ share a balcony, divided by a grass lattice screen.
A client renting through our website, Cabo La Estancia, will never need to share the balcony because we never rent out the ‘B’ side lock-off. We only rent the ‘A’ side, thereby, preserving your privacy. Other sites will not explain this fully and will rent both sides.
Are there benefits of reserving through Cabo La Estancia versus VRBO or other sites?
The benefits of reserving through Cabo La Estancia versus VRBO or other sites are significant:
- When reserving through our website, you will always know which Villa you are renting – no surprises upon check-in. Cabo La Estancia monitors all units on a continual basis throughout the year and, therefore, will know which have been updated and upgraded and will separate the good from the bad.
- Expedia, Travelocity, etc… These sites receive their inventory from the resort directly and operate like a hotel. Rates are typically much higher than reserving directly with us because these sites charge additional fees and taxes.
- VRBO… While this site is a good resource for Villa owners, the downside for the renter is the lack of individual support; you are unable to speak to a live person prior to booking and VRBO assesses a fee at the time of rental. Many guests complain that when dealing with owners, directly, there is a lack of responsiveness.
- Our rates are very competitive, if not the same as dealing directly with the owner and we provide live guest support 24/7 via one of our team members.
- Our On-site Concierge Team is available to you prior to check-in and throughout your stay to assist with dinner reservations, private chef services, excursion reservations and ground transportation referral
- Our rates include all taxes, resort fees and maid service – no surprises, no hidden fees
Have you booked through Expedia, VRBO, Hotels.com and need assistance?
It’s not too late to speak with us about possibly securing a better rate!
For questions regarding a reservation made through Expedia, VRBO, Hotels.com, we, unfortunately, cannot view a reservation unless it was made through our office. You must contact the entity with whom you made the reservation or contact the resort, directly.
However, should you need restaurant reservations, ground transportation or assistance with excursions, please see the concierge information
Would you like to buy a luxury villa in Cabo – or learn more about ownership?
If so, we can definitely assist you. Contact us today!
Let us arrange a private tour of our available villas for sale. We will also share with you how to make your dream home pay for itself through our rental program.
View listed Villas here: https://www.cabolaestancia.com/villas-for-sale/
Because we are independent of the Resort’s onsite Sales Office/Developer Team, we have other listings available within La Estancia and the Cabo San Lucas area. Many units are, often, quietly listed and can be negotiated for a better deal.
Where is Villa La Estancia located?
Villa La Estancia is conveniently located on Medano Beach (the swimming beach), less than a mile from downtown Cabo San Lucas. Villa La Estancia is next door to Villa del Palmar. We are far enough away from town to have a peaceful and relaxing vacation, but close enough to easily take advantage of the great restaurants, shopping, nightlife, and activities.
With a private rental, do I have the same privileges at the resort?
Absolutely. You will be a guest of the owner of the Villa and may use all of the facilities at no charge. There is a small charge for lighting the tennis courts at night. Additional costs would include spa services, food and beverages, and any activities you schedule. Please contact us with any specific questions.
May we use the facilities at Villa del Palmar?
Yes. Guests at Villa La Estancia have full privileges at Villa del Palmar, including use of the restaurants, spa, Kid’s in Paradise program, and the resort activities.
Are resort/hotel services available?
Yes. These are privately owned luxury condos with the comforts of a home, but they also have all of the services you would expect in a fine resort, including 24 hour front desk, restaurants, pools and hot tubs, fitness center, spa, room service, telephone and Internet service, and concierges to help you with all of your needs.
Are there restaurants at Villa La Estancia?
Yes. La Parilla is a poolside restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch. La Casona is an upscale restaurant with daily dinner service. In addition, there are two restaurants at Villa del Palmar. The beach side restaurant has a wonderful pizza oven, a real treat for all. The deli, located in the mini-mall, offers great sandwiches, salads, desserts, some hot prepared foods, plus specialty coffee drinks and juices. There’s even an ice-cream stand. Cabo has many great restaurants. We will be happy to provide our recommendations (and those of our former guests) when you book your reservation with us.
Are there any extra charges?
The rates we will quote to you will be total. There is no charge for using the fitness center, tennis courts, and high speed Internet access (within the Villa) and WiFi in the pool area. Additional charges would include food, beverages, spa services, telephone calls, or activities that you schedule.
Is there also a hotel at Villa La Estancia?
No. You may see what appear to be hotel rooms listed on various sites like Expedia (called Deluxe Suites). These are the second bedroom of a 2 bedroom Villa. The 2 bedroom Villa has a “lockoff” feature that allows the Villa to be used simultaneously as a 1 bedroom Villa and a Deluxe Suite. A Deluxe Suite has two queen beds and a nice bath. The terrace is shared with the 1 bedroom side of the Villa.
Is there an all-inclusive option at Villa La Estancia?
Villa La Estancia offers a Basic Meal Plan
PLUS full access to the mini-bar in your villa as well as 24-hour room service (gratuity not included). Items such as lobster, T-bone steak, Kobe beef, or cognac is not available in the all-inclusive. The extensive menu features items from La Casona and La Parrilla. All packages and prices can be requested through the front desk at Villa La Estancia.
Do I need to rent a car?
No. Most everything is within walking distance or a short taxi ride. The taxi fare to Cabo is currently $9/one way for 4 people (small additional charge for more people). Taxis are readily available and are vans so they will seat a large group. Some people do like to rent a car, which is convenient for shopping, golf, and perhaps a side trip to Todos Santos. Free parking is available at Villa La Estancia.
How do I get from the airport to Villa La Estancia?
The airport is at San Jose del Cabo (SJD). It is about a 40 – 45 minute drive to Villa La Estancia. The concierge can prearrange transportation for you. Here are the current rates:
- Shuttle service: The Community Shuttle is the slowest form of transportation to the resort, making several planned stops along the way.
- “Regular” TAXI: Taxis are located at the airport but they take ‘the long way’ to the resort, via a toll road (maximum 5 persons).
- The private Suburban: (recommended) 7 passengers one way Van: 10 passengers one way Limo: 8 passengers. To make a reservation online click here. To request more information please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is the beach swimmable?
Yes. Medano Beach is considered the swimming beach in Cabo. The beaches on the Pacific side have surf that is too rough for safe swimming. Most of the beaches along the “corridor” (the area between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo) have significant rip currents and are not generally considered safe. There are some exceptions, but check this out if ocean swimming is important to you.
Is there a spa and/or fitness center?
Yes. There is an executive fitness center
and also a full spa. There is no charge for using the fitness center.
Are there tennis courts?
Yes, there are two private tennis courts
at Villa La Estancia and two additional courts at Villa del Palmar (lighting available at a small charge).
Is there a children's program? Babysitting?
The Kid’s in Paradise program at Villa del Palmar
provides activities throughout the day for
children ages 4 – 11. Babysitting is also available.